The Commemoration of Breaths



On these mornings
When words
That are regular commuters
Do not get here on time
The only thing to do
Other than endlessly peer down the track
And hope that I see them coming
Is to turn the moment into
Drift
Because the tenderest of times
That I ever had
Was when I sailed
On inflatable rafts
That were stuffed with 
the commemoration of breaths
When time was the current
And the sun promised never
To leave me
When clouds puffed themselves up
With tufts of pride
And I never knew want for
Kisses
That I have to search for now
Like a missing child
Which is what I feel like
The older that I get
Almost as old as my dad was
When he made the very same declaration as the sun
Until one day
On almost Valentine’s Day
He must have forgotten his promise
And boarded his very own raft
That no longer required breaths
And sailed
Far, far, far away
Like the words that I am still waiting for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY OWN PERSONAL MERMAID. BELIEVE IN HER.

What Must Babies Think?

When Ours Parents Are Gone