DAD



The sun is distant
But I feel the warmth of its skin
The stars are unreachable
But I see the light in their eyes
The moon cannot hold me
But I am counseled by its tides
Sounds don’t exist
But I remember every song 
The air is invisible
But it’s as pungent as
Slapped on aftershave
And it
swells my heart 
Like a party balloon
And it makes me feel safe
Especially on these days
that are as dark and terrifying as 
The shadow world of the nighttime nursery
Where I used to cry out your name
Because
Sleep always felt 
like certain death
And you always 
always 
came
As if from outer space
Armed with a smile which was
The absolute currency
Of the resolute salesman who
Had something very real to sell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY OWN PERSONAL MERMAID. BELIEVE IN HER.

What Must Babies Think?

When Ours Parents Are Gone