I WILL SIT AND WAIT. For the 300,000 + lost.




Keep the kisses

That I will never return


Keep the dances

That I will never share


Keep the ball

That I will never catch


Keep the hand

That I will never touch


Keep the songs

That I will never sing


Keep the babies

That I will never meet


Keep the tenderness

That I will never feel


Keep the tears

That I will never brush away

With the magic wand

Of my finger

Which will land

At the feet

Of my chair

That sits like

A broken-hearted dog

Staring at the door

Waiting

For me to come home


And then one day


Release them all


Like a sudden burst  of 

Wedding day doves

Sent 

Fluttering

for the heavens

Where I will sit

And wait

For word

That our love

And our faith

Have survived.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY OWN PERSONAL MERMAID. BELIEVE IN HER.

What Must Babies Think?

When Ours Parents Are Gone