DESPITE THE PROMISE OF THE GLOAMING

 DESPITE THE PROMISE OF THE GLOAMING


Written By


David Steve Simon


I don’t fear the apocalypse


I fear that my daydreams 

Will never burst open

Like the newborn mouths of sun nursing violets

On the very first day of spring.


I don’t fear darkness 


I fear I will never again have

A drowsy pair of feet

Search for mine

In the feathery valley of 

The fallen night time duvet.


I don’t fear storms


I fear being battered by loneliness


I don’t fear the truth


I fear the person who will expose me to it


I don’t fear aging


I fear its consequences.

Which will turn me

From a hard pelting rain

Into a fine mist

Which will be forgotten

Despite the promise of the gloaming

Far, far away from 

The never ending fields of violets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY OWN PERSONAL MERMAID. BELIEVE IN HER.

What Must Babies Think?

When Ours Parents Are Gone