The End

It's over

The end was unexpected

Shocking even 

Even though I knew it was coming

There was nothing left to say. 

In the beginning

You were everything that my

Friends said you were 

You sparkled like Hepburn in the spotlight

You were crafty and complicated

Challenging at times 

As you weaved your mystery

Like a form fitting cardigan

And I was hooked

No.

I was madly in love with you.

And now 

I can't get you out of my mind.

I think about you all the time 

And worry that I will walk into 

A nearby shop

Like the one where we first met

And see you being held by someone else

Who thinks that they can read you just as well as I did 

Which will make me want to scream 

I owned you.  You were mine.

But I am just a man 

And you are a book 

One that I adored 

And will never

Ever 

Forget

Even if I have to share you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY OWN PERSONAL MERMAID. BELIEVE IN HER.

What Must Babies Think?

When Ours Parents Are Gone